Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> on 2017/01/19 14:17:56 UTC

Getting old - auto scrub version of palloc

I must be getting old - I am pretty sure I used in the past a pool alloc that would nicely scrub any keys from memory upon pool clear down; along with some locking of the page on unix & and some magic to make that stick across forks.

Have I lost it completely ? Or was that never submitted,

Dw.

Re: Getting old - auto scrub version of palloc

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
> On 19 Jan 2017, at 15:23, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
>
> On 19 Jan 2017, at 4:17 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> wrote:
>
>> I must be getting old - I am pretty sure I used in the past a pool alloc that would nicely scrub any keys from memory upon pool clear down; along with some locking of the page on unix & and some magic to make that stick across forks.
>>
>> Have I lost it completely ? Or was that never submitted,
>
> Not sure - there is one as part of the crypto API, not sure if it has everything you listed:
>
> http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.6/group___a_p_r___util___crypto.html#ga88794e872ffee43d6fefb4f13072983f

No - I thought we had one with a nice MLOCK - as I vaguely recall struggling to get that working across forks.

Will put it on my list for when there is a rainy day.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 19 Jan 2017, at 4:17 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> wrote:

> I must be getting old - I am pretty sure I used in the past a pool alloc that would nicely scrub any keys from memory upon pool clear down; along with some locking of the page on unix & and some magic to make that stick across forks.
>
> Have I lost it completely ? Or was that never submitted,

Not sure - there is one as part of the crypto API, not sure if it has everything you listed:

http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/1.6/group___a_p_r___util___crypto.html#ga88794e872ffee43d6fefb4f13072983f

Regards,
Graham
—