Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Robert Alexa <ro...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/27 12:22:56 UTC

Re: NuttX PTP Support

Hi all,

What's the current status of this? I'm also interested in adding PTP
support to NuttX, especially on ESP32 if that's possible - I haven't done
any research yet regarding the hardware capabilities of ESP32 in this
matter.

As a first step I was thinking of adding support for the PTP daemon, as
Alan suggested.

Regards
Robert

Re: NuttX PTP Support

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 7:23 AM Robert Alexa <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As a first step I was thinking of adding support for the PTP daemon, as
> Alan suggested.

That is probably the most important step right now. Hardware support
can be added as needed.

The TM4C129 Tiva-C ARM platform has hardware support for PTP on chips
that have the built-in MAC & PHY and I have wanted to take advantage
of that but there hasn't been a good starting point available and it
hasn't gotten high enough on my list of priorities yet. If this
feature starts to get some attention, I'll try to make it work on TM4C
as well...

Cheers,
Nathan

Re: NuttX PTP Support

Posted by James Dougherty <ja...@gmail.com>.
i’ll take a look at it as soon as I get some free time ; I have a working,
GPS master clock.

Re: NuttX PTP Support

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.

Re: NuttX PTP Support