Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@t-systems.it on 2002/09/18 13:11:48 UTC

Redirect not working

Hi all.
My configuration is: Apache 2.0.35 and Tomcat 4.0.3 (or 4.0.4, same
behaviour), with mod_webapp and warp connector. Solaris 8, jdk 1.4.0.
If I deploy "examples" webapp and access it through Tomcat's standalone
listener (port 8080) everything works ok.
When I access it through Apache, it works well until I find some kind of
redirection (ie /examples/ -> /examples/index.html), then I get a page with
the message:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 -HTTP Status 302 - Moved Temporarily
but redirection is NOT followed by the browser (I've tried various versions
of IE, Netscape, Mozilla...).
If I try to connect using telnet, the response with port 8080 is:
HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
while through Apache is:
HTTP/1.1 Moved Temporarily
Nevertheless, in access.log of Apache the status code for my request is
correctly set to 302.
Same behaviour if I do a sendRedirect from within a servlet or jsp,
redirecting to another servlet (no static content at all).

Can anybody help me?

TIA, Carlo