Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Gupta, Narendra" <Na...@netscout.com> on 2011/09/23 00:09:30 UTC

Maven Compiler Plugin - Incremental compile problem -- because of directory structure.

1.     I have following directory for java source code

--lion

     --com

           --> contains pom.xml and java source code with package
com.test1

           -> contains pom.cml and java source code with pakage
com.test2

when compiler plugin compiles it does directory scanning and compiles
only java code that are modified from previous build. But In above
directory structure case it is recompiles the all source code in
subsequent builds. How to overcome this ? I found that it is because of
basedirectory do not follow maven standard direcotry layout. Please
advise.

Thanks,

Narendra Gupta

Re: Maven Compiler Plugin - Incremental compile problem -- because of directory structure.

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
Do yourself  a favour and adopt the maven standard directory layout...