Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com> on 2002/11/12 22:41:48 UTC

how to share User object between SSL and non-SSL pages

How do you share the User object between SSL and non-SSL pages? Is it a
configuration of the servlet container? Or is it something you do in
Turbine? I realize this may be a container-specific question, but I
figured you all would know, and hopefully a container-independent
solution exists!

I'm using the TDK 2.2 RC1 on my development workstation. I enabled the
sample SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 in server.xml so that Tomcat
will accept both HTTP and HTTPS requests. As such, Tomcat creates a
separate HttpSession for each connector, so a separate User object
exists in each HttpSession. Well, I really need to access the same User
object from both SSL and non-SSL screens and actions.

Would using one of the native web server connectors solve this?

Has anyone done this or have any ideas?

Eric

--
Eric Emminger