Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Varsha Raveendran <va...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/16 17:04:47 UTC

Tests to be done to check a library if it works on Hadoop MapReduce framework

Hello!

As part of my graduate project I am trying to create a library to support
Genetic Algorithms to work on Hadoop MapReduce.

A couple of things I have not understood -

> How to test the library in Hadoop? I mean how to check if it is doing
what it is supposed to do.
> What is the user expected to give as input?

I am a newbie to both GA and Hadoop.
I have been studying both for the past couple of weeks. So now have a fair
idea about GAs but not able to understand how to implement a library. Never
done this before.
Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Varsha

Re: Tests to be done to check a library if it works on Hadoop MapReduce framework

Posted by Varsha Raveendran <va...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Jagat!  I would also like to know which IDE to use to develop
MapReduce programs for Hadoop 1.1.1.
Eclipse plugin not available for this version.

Regards,
Varsha

Posted by Varsha Raveendran <va...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Varsha Raveendran <va...@gmail.com>.