Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Andreas Guther <An...@markettools.com> on 2006/04/15 20:10:10 UTC

Email Notifier Configuration

Hi,

I am using continuum 1.0.2 with Maven 2.0.4.

I am having problems finding detailed information about the email
notifier configuration.

>From the few examples I could find I have the impression that there is
always a mailing list to be used.  Is it possible to have multiple user
addresses in the configuration part, something like in the example
below?

Where would be a good place to find more detailed configuration
information than at
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/getting-started/index.html?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andreas

Would the multiple address entry as shown below be a valid
configuration?

<ciManagement>
		<system>continuum</system>
		<url>http://my.company.com:8080/continuum/</url>
		<notifiers>
			<notifier>
				<type>mail</type>
				<sendOnSuccess>true</sendOnSuccess>
				<configuration>

<address>user.name1@my.company.com</address>

<address>user.name2@my.company.com</address>
				</configuration>
			</notifier>
			<notifier>
				<type>mail</type>
				<sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
				<configuration>

<address>error-notify@my.company.com</address>
				</configuration>
			</notifier>
		</notifiers>
	</ciManagement>

Re: Email Notifier Configuration

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Given that the Maven standard is moving from comma-separated values in
a single XML element to multiple sub-elements under a single XML node
ie:
<abcs>
<abc>xyz</abc>
<abc>lmnop</abc>
<abc>qwerty</abc>
</abcs>

It seems to make more sense to me that you follow that "standard". ;-)

But having said that... email standards accept "a@b.com, x@y.com,
z@1.com" as valid send-to values. So the XML approach above adds
unnecessary complexity.

So I guess its entirely up to you.
Wayne

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Kaare Nilsen <ka...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK you will need one notifier pr mailadress

/K