Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mitch Arends <mj...@us.ibm.com> on 2004/07/13 20:08:01 UTC

Post-commit hook question

Just wondering if someone would be able to give me a yes or no type
answer to my question below.

My department stores .doc and .ppt's in our SVN repository and we want
to have PDF's autogenerated for us every time one of the aforementioned
documents is committed to the repository.

My question is: Is it possible to retrieve individual files from a
repository? Is this possible using the SWIG-bindings and Python scripts?
I've looked around and I'm pretty positive that it can't be done using
the svn export command.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Re: Post-commit hook question

Posted by m christensen <df...@xmission.com>.
Ok, so what is the problem with creating a local repository?

The only modified files are updated.
You can easily get a list of those files and print only them.
If your repository is large the only EXTRA workload is on the initial build.
Disk space is cheap and getting cheaper, Screaming fast 250 Gig SATA
drives can be had in the $150 Range.

Marc

Posted by Mitch Arends <mj...@us.ibm.com>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:

> Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> writes:

>>>svn cat does NOT require a WC.
>>>

>>'svn cat URL'
>

> Better yet -- 'svnlook cat -r REVISION REPOS PATH'

Didn't see the svnlook command before. Again I need to learn read the
documentation closer. Thanks to all of those that responded.

Re: Post-commit hook question

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 11:15, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Mitch Arends wrote:
> > svn cat requires that I create a working directory. I was hoping to
> > create a solution that is able to read contents directly from the
> > repository and print them.
>
> svn cat does NOT require a WC.

'svn cat URL'

Re: Post-commit hook question

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Mitch Arends wrote:
> svn cat requires that I create a working directory. I was hoping to
> create a solution that is able to read contents directly from the
> repository and print them.

svn cat does NOT require a WC.

Max.

Re: Post-commit hook question