Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sparqle <ds...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/02 01:49:19 UTC

T5 tapestry-hibernate

I have read all the help documents, but can't figure out how to make
tapestry-hibernate work. I am not using maven. I am using the t5demo war
file from the "Tapestry for Non Believers" article as a starting point (and
imported it into Eclipse). I removed all the tapestry-5.0.10 jars and put in
5.0.11 jars (including tapestry-hibernate).

Then I did the following:
1. Added hibernate3.jar and hibernate-annotations files into the lib folder
2. Added mysql jdbc driver file into the lib folder
3. Added hibernate.cfg.xml (copied from Howard's forms - part 2 article -
modified username/pw/db etc) to the WebContent folder.
4. Created a db with the appropriate name.
5. Got the persistence-api.jar and jta.jar files into the lib folder.

If I start the application, I always get the following error message:

Render queue error in BeginRender[Start:layout.pagelink_0]: Exception
constructing service 'ValueEncoderSource': Error invoking service builder
method org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule.build(Map) (at
TapestryModule.java:1567) (for service 'ValueEncoderSource'): Error invoking
service contribution method
org.apache.tapestry.hibernate.HibernateModule.contributeValueEncoderSource(MappedConfiguration,
HibernateSessionSource, Session, TypeCoercer): Exception constructing
service 'HibernateSessionSource': Error invoking service builder method
org.apache.tapestry.hibernate.HibernateModule.build(Logger, List,
RegistryShutdownHub) (at HibernateModule.java:124) (for service
'HibernateSessionSource'): org/dom4j/DocumentException

Do I need to add anything to AppModule to enable tapestry-hibernate, or is
it not finding my hibernate.cfg.xml file? I also tried putting my
hibernate.cfg.xml file into the src folder - but that didn't help. I am
wondering whether this error has to do with Hibernate Annotations etc?
Someone had mentioned in the forum that the wrong version of Hibernate could
cause this. I have tried both 3.2.6 and 3.2.2 and I still get the same
message. If I remove tapestry-hibernate, at least the application starts.

Here are the contents of my hibernate.cfg.xml file

<!DOCTYPE hibernate-configuration PUBLIC
        "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Configuration DTD 3.0//EN"
        "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd">
<hibernate-configuration>
    <session-factory>
        <property
name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
        <property
name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb</property>
        <property
name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.username">un</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.password">mypass</property>
        <property name="hbm2ddl.auto">update</property>
        <property name="hibernate.show_sql">false</property>
        <property name="hibernate.format_sql">true</property>
    </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

Re: T5 tapestry-hibernate

Posted by sparqle <ds...@gmail.com>.
Please see attached image for my list of dependencies in the lib folder.

regards,
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18544559/libs.PNG libs.PNG

Re: T5 tapestry-hibernate

Posted by keesvb <ke...@nelen-schuurmans.nl>.