Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/21 11:31:26 UTC

More timely release reviews? (was: Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating

The poor UIMA guys have been trying to get this release approved for nearly
two weeks now and it still has just a single vote. Could a couple of other
IPMCers take a look and vote?

   ...ant

Re: More timely release reviews? (was: Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 17:46, Paul Fremantle wrote:
>> the mentors to be the
>> "primary contacts" for any podling.
>
> +1. With 3 active mentors, you practically need no other PMC members to wake
> up (let me sleep ;o) ). If you don't have 3 active mentors, then that IS a
> problem of concern, and should be fixed asap.
>
> Does the mentors know that they are mentors??

They do, and they have reviewed our previous releases.  They do seem
even busier than usual, though...

> I haven't seen Ken around for a long time, and I guess Sam is really busy with
> his duties as Secretary. So perhaps, UIMA should ask the PMC for 3 new
> mentors...

I think an additional mentor or two would be really
helpful.  First of all, we only have 2.  Secondly,
we've not been making the kind of progress we'd like
to make.  A fresh view would be very welcome.

That's my personal opinion, other UIMA devs please chime
in...

--Thilo

Re: More timely release reviews? (was: Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 21 April 2008 17:46, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> the mentors to be the
> "primary contacts" for any podling.

+1. With 3 active mentors, you practically need no other PMC members to wake
up (let me sleep ;o) ). If you don't have 3 active mentors, then that IS a
problem of concern, and should be fixed asap.

Does the mentors know that they are mentors??

I haven't seen Ken around for a long time, and I guess Sam is really busy with
his duties as Secretary. So perhaps, UIMA should ask the PMC for 3 new
mentors...

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: More timely release reviews? (was: Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I'll review the release. However, I would like to see the mentors +1's
on this vote as well. The fact is that the incubator is a wide group
with disparate interests and it is incumbent on the mentors to be the
"primary contacts" for any podling.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle