Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org> on 2017/12/15 13:09:20 UTC

Re: Attempting graduation?

I would like to revie this thread.

Again, I would like to encourage others to check if we miss some
formal requirements, other than the VOTE thread here. I bet there are
some little things at least.

Also https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html talks about
things like propose a "resolution" general incubator list before a
VOTE, etc. (OFBiz is brough up as a good example there.) Anyone
intends to tackle these?

 Daniel Dekany

Re: Attempting graduation?

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org>.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 9:31:19 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> The very next steps should be:
> 1) run a vote in this list to make sure the community is happy to graduate;
> see "Community Graduation Vote" [*]
> 2) when the vote #1 starts, send an email to the Incubator general list to
> inform them that the vote is running
> I suggest to perform them now.

Aggreed.

> Then the next steps will be (assuming the vote has passed):
> 3) prepare the graduation proposal; see "Preparing a Charter" [**]
> 4) send the proposal to the Incubator general list for review before the
> vote
> 5) start the graduation vote in the Incubator general list; see "The
> Recommendation Vote" [***]
>
> Then (if the recommendation vote will be successful) we will submit the
> resolution to the Board.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacopo
>
> [*]
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community_graduation_vote
> [**]
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#preparing_a_charter
> [***]
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#the_recommendation_vote
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Right. Sorry for the confusion. When I said "committed" I wanted to say
>> people engadget with the project after graduation, so PMC members in short.
>>
>> I believe Daniel already got this list pretty clear.
>>
>> On Dec 16, 2017 14:07, "Ralph Goers" <ra...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>
>> > The board needs a list of the PMC members, not necessarily committers,
>> > although it is unusual that a podling will become a TLP with committers
>> who
>> > aren’t PMC members.
>> >
>> > Ralph

>> > the
>> > information
>> > submission_of_the_resolution_to_the_board

>> by

>> is

>> > than we

>> What's