Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Erik Brakkee <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/18 12:51:45 UTC

maven bundle plugin, custom location for classes...

Hi,

I am creating a bundle using <packaging>bundle</packaging>
and

 <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <instructions>

<Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.groupId}.${pom.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>

<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime</Embed-Dependency>
                        <Embed-Directory>lib</Embed-Directory>
                    </instructions>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

This puts the libraries in the lib directory of the bundle. Now, I would
like to put the classes in a "classes" directory of the bundle. Is this
possible? Could not find it in the documentation.

Cheers
  Erik

Re: maven bundle plugin, custom location for classes...

Posted by Erik Brakkee <er...@gmail.com>.
Sorry about all this, mistook the URL of the gitweb site for the URL of the
git repository.

Talking to Peter Kriens it looks like there is a way to create the WAB
layout (WEB-INF/classes), but not exactly what I want (in any case the
problem is not major).

Re: maven bundle plugin, custom location for classes...

Posted by Erik Brakkee <er...@gmail.com>.
aha, the URL on the web site is wrong, it must be

https://github.com/bnd/bnd.git

Incredible how difficult it is to find information.

Re: maven bundle plugin, custom location for classes...

Posted by Erik Brakkee <er...@gmail.com>.
Finlly managed to download BND but the command-line isn't telling me that
much.

Then trying to get the source from github gives this:

erik> git clone http://www.github.com/bnd
Initialized empty Git repository in /ext/home/erik/tmp/bnd/.git/
fatal: http://www.github.com/bnd/info/refs not found: did you run git
update-server-info on the server?

Re: maven bundle plugin, custom location for classes...

Posted by Erik Brakkee <er...@gmail.com>.
Also, the BND documentation is a maze. Hoping to get a help from the
command-line BND version is also not working since there appears to be no
way to download BND from the site (http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Download).

Also, the book "OSGI in Action" mentions some of these BND directives but
not the one I am looking for.

Re: maven bundle plugin, custom location for classes...

Posted by Erik Brakkee <er...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org>wrote:

> On 8/18/11 6:51, Erik Brakkee wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am creating a bundle using<packaging>bundle</**packaging>
>> and
>>
>>  <build>
>>         <plugins>
>>             <plugin>
>>                 <groupId>org.apache.felix</**groupId>
>>                 <artifactId>maven-bundle-**plugin</artifactId>
>>                 <extensions>true</extensions>
>>                 <configuration>
>>                     <instructions>
>>
>> <Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.**groupId}.${pom.artifactId}</**
>> Bundle-SymbolicName>
>>
>> <Embed-Dependency>*;scope=**compile|runtime</Embed-**Dependency>
>>                         <Embed-Directory>lib</Embed-**Directory>
>>                     </instructions>
>>                 </configuration>
>>             </plugin>
>>         </plugins>
>>     </build>
>>
>> This puts the libraries in the lib directory of the bundle. Now, I would
>> like to put the classes in a "classes" directory of the bundle. Is this
>> possible? Could not find it in the documentation.
>>

> Yes.
>
> -> richard

But how then? Is there documention describing this?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.