Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Marc Guillemot <mg...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/07/16 10:47:43 UTC

Pb with UTF-8 parameter encoding for

Hi,

my links generating with <html:link ...> with a parameter map don't work
when the value of one of the attributes contains non ascii characters like
"T�rkei". The generated link looks like:

/search.do?freetext=T%C3%BCrkei

with the "�" encoded in UTF-8 (performed in
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.encodeURL(String))

The problem is that this comes to my ActionForm as "Türkei".

Does this mean that it gets decoded as ISO-8859-1?
If I patch org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.encodeURL(String) to encode
using ISO-8859-1 instead of "UTF-8" everything works well, but the javadoc
for URLEncoder.encode() explains that UTF-8 should be used.

Has someone already faced this problem? Is there a better solution to fix
the problem instead of patching the struts class?

Marc.