Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2010/05/03 07:42:10 UTC

Re: Jini Surrogate jcs-pna-covenant.txt

I can't find the covenant anywhere, does anyone know its whereabouts?

Surrogate was uploaded from jini.org, so it would be desireable to
ascertain if the covenant covers surrogate as well.

Regards,

Peter.

To quote Jim Hurley from jini-users:

Sun is re-licensing its Jini technology Standard specifications under
   ALv2 and providing a separate "Jini Community Standards Patent
   Non-Assertion Covenant ("Covenant") that enables others to create
   unrestricted independent implementations of the specifications. This
   Covenant is available at:
   http://www.jini.org/standards/docs/jcs-pna-covenant.txt

   This choice of ALv2, as well as the wording of the Covenant, were made
   with the hope and expectation that they be used by many others in the
Jini
   Community to share their Jini technology code and Standards Proposals.
   License choice is now a freedom that developers and companies in the
Jini
   Community have for their Jini technology works. It is hoped that Sun's
   lead with ALv2 will help act as a catalyst for others to choose ALv2 for
   their shared works. The resulting commonality around ALv2 will help
simplify
   and facilitate code sharing and collaboration throughout the Jini
Community.

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Is this the complete Covenant?

http://web.archive.org/web/20051025223600/http://www.jini.org/standards/docs/jcs-pna-covenant.txt