Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> on 2014/02/22 15:48:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 based on RC1

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1
revision 4476

Release notes:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES-4.3.x.txt

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-1007

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.3.3-RC1
revision 1570731

Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 release
[ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
[ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Gary
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 February 2014 21:14, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1
>> >
>> > The KEY is missing from the KEYS file on the dist site.
>> > I think this is a release blocker.
>> >

>> I do not see this as a blocker. If Gary adds his key to KEYS file [1]
>> there would be no need to re-vote.

I did not mean a revote was needed, just that it was blocking on
actually performing the release

> Done.

Thanks.

I withdraw the -1, and replace it with +1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 February 2014 15:23, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 February 2014 14:48, Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
>> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
>> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
>> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>>
>> Packages:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1
>> revision 4476
>
> The KEY is missing from the KEYS file on the dist site.
> I think this is a release blocker.
>
> However the key has been published, and the sigs work against the KEYS
> file in SVN.
>
> Hashes OK where provided.
>
> Also just noticed that there are no SHA1 hashes for the release packages
> This is not a release blocker, but we should perhaps consider for
> future releases.
>
> tar.gz and zip archives agree with each other (allowing for EOL diffs)
>
>> Release notes:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES-4.3.x.txt
>>
>> Maven artefacts:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-1007
>>
>> SVN tag:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.3.3-RC1
>> revision 1570731
>
> RAT and SVN properties look OK
>
> Source archive agrees with tag except for files like doap that don't
> gert published.

>> Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 release
>> [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
>> [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> -1 at present; the KEYS issue needs to be sorted before release can proceed.

Just tried following the instructions in BUILDING.txt.

"mvn test"

fails with

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient:jar:tests:4.3.3

The instructions ought to be updated.

"mvn package test" worked for me

So does "mvn install" followed by "mvn test"

docbkx seems to work. The javadoc command works but complains about a
few invalid @link tags.
I'll see if I can fix those later.

I don't think these are blockers, but should be fixed for the next
release - or if a respin should be required for any other reason.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 release
[X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
[ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

thanks
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by Jon Moore <jo...@jjmoore.net>.
Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 release
[X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
[ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).

Jon

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Gary Gregory <gg...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1
> revision 4476
>
> Release notes:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.3.3-RC1/RELEASE_NOTES-4.3.x.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-1007
>
> SVN tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.3.3-RC1
> revision 1570731

> Vote: HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 release
> [ ] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.3.3.
> [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> Gary
> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<
> http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Jon Moore

Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client 4.3.3 based on RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Gary

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.