Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by va...@mac.com on 2004/10/30 10:39:36 UTC

generate C++ class from DTD file

Hi list,

I am newbie to XML processing... but with some experience in Axis web service.

If I am given a DTD, is there any tool for me to generate a C++ class for it, just similar to WSDL -> Java in web service arena?

Or I have to design my class by hand, started from reading the DTD file and analyse it... and also write my handler to fill in data  during SAX processing?

Re: generate C++ class from DTD file

Posted by "Steven T. Hatton" <ha...@globalsymmetry.com>.
valjoux@mac.com wrote:

>  Hi list,
>
>  I am newbie to XML processing... but with some experience in Axis web
>  service.
>
>  If I am given a DTD, is there any tool for me to generate a C++ class
>  for it, just similar to WSDL -> Java in web service arena?
>
>  Or I have to design my class by hand, started from reading the DTD
>  file and analyse it... and also write my handler to fill in data
>  during SAX processing?

Strictly speaking, this does not address your question, but it seems
relevent.

http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/designer-manual-16.html They don't have a(n
official) DTD.  They may have an informal DTD they use internally.

Steven

RE: generate C++ class from DTD file

Posted by Matthias Niggemeier <M...@thias.de>.
You can use XMLSpy Enterprise Edition. (very expensive in my opinion).
It generates C++-Classes based on xerces. Although compilable out of
the box, it needs some "fine-tuning". Altova uses a wrapper lib between
the generated code and xerces. This lib caused me some sleepless nights
in the past (mainly because it is not thread-safe and has memory leaks)
Regards
M.