Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/07 22:30:38 UTC

Re: Component marketplace/exchange ?

Agreed.

As time elapse, I don't think the ServiceMix team will be able to maintain /
fix / document, etc ...
all the components (it is already difficult for the existing set).  And you
may want to maintain your
own components without being a ServiceMix commiter per se.

If some people want to open source their existing components, I think we
could set up
a project maybe at codehaus, like the mojo one for maven plugins.
We already have the jboss deployer hosted there due to LGPL dependencies
which are
inconpatible with Apache policies, so ...

Any thoughts ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Component marketplace/exchange ?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Agreed. If possible it would be good to donate components to
servicemix and for folks to become committers on servicemix to
maintain them if they are happy with the Apache license. Otherwise for
commercial/non-suitable licensed components then yes lets host them at
codehaus.

--

James
-------