Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2002/05/08 19:54:20 UTC

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Paul,

No, and I'm tired of me holding it up.  :)

 From the sounds of it, it wasn't that big a deal anyway (fortunately),
so I'm happy if you just commit your changes, and we can sort any
problems out from there.

Sorry to have delayed this but I had thought I would be able to review
things.
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Darrell DeBoer <da...@apache.org>.
+1

--
ciao,
Daz

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com>.
+1

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Serge, Danny, Folks,

One after work drink became five and when I got in I figured that I
would not be doing my most diligent commits, so it did not happen last
night as promised.  I'll give it a go tonight!

- Paul

RE: JDBCListserv mailet

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Danny

> > > How hard is it to use sqlResources.xml from inside mailets and
matchers?
> > What is the context of your question?
> I want to use it in a matcher and mailet
> > Are you thinking that mailets and
> > matchers OUGHT to use sqlResources.xml?
> Yes

Take a look at the code I mentioned earlier, and you should see what I mean
about the need for a common helper class.  I don't really have time to do it
now, but maybe I'll make the time, since I've done a lot with that sort of
thing.

Otherwise, it appears to be rather straightforward to use SQLResources.
Just tedious and wasteful without the helper class.

	--- Noel

RE: JDBCListserv mailet

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

RE: JDBCListserv mailet

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Danny,

> How hard is it to use sqlResources.xml from inside mailets and matchers?

What is the context of your question?  Are you thinking that mailets and
matchers OUGHT to use sqlResources.xml?  It isn't hard to do.  Using
sqlResources.xml is not as brain-dead simple as using a few initParameters
(as with JDBCListserv and JDBCAlias), but it does provide additional
functionality if needed.

There ought to be a support class, in addition to SQLResource, that provides
basic support to any repository, matcher or mailet that wants to use
sqlResources.xml.  SQLResource provides basic access to the contents of
sqlResources.xml, but it does not (and should not) provide environment
specific behavior.  There is a lot of code from JDBCMailRepository for
handling SQLResource that should be moved into a common helper class.

This helper class would contain such things as basic stuff for handling the
path, parsing the URL, creating the SQLResource instance, table existence,
connection acquisition, common behaviors to be specialized, etc.

Thoughts?

	--- Noel

JDBCListserv mailet

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Hi all..

How hard is it to use sqlResources.xml from inside mailets and matchers?

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

RE: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
actually I used pre_avalon_update, and its been done.

RE: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Serge, Danny etc,

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Serge,

> Yeah, I think we have enough votes.  What do we do to get you added?

The usual email to root@apache, listing the voters (name and email addr)
and the date of the vote etc.  Make it clear that I (hammant@apache) am
a committer already.

Regards,

- Paul H

About CharTerminatedInputStream

Posted by Sandeep Sharma <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Stiphen

Awaiting your reply, hope you are back from your
business trip

Bye

Re: Latest Phoenix fork

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.