Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/22 05:35:46 UTC

Possible Maven Archetype Template Processing Bug

Hi,

I have an archetype that uses a png image.

When I create archetype instances the png
image is no longer readable (And its size has
increased by 1kb, from 1.6kb).

Here's is what maven says:

[WARNING]
org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template =
archetype-resources/src/main/resources/images/123.png
[line 9,column 50] : $I is not a valid reference.

Perhaps there should be a <binary></binary> element
in the archetype.xml descriptor, so that maven would
just copy the image over, instead of trying to process
it and write the result.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
- Ole

Re: Possible Maven Archetype Template Processing Bug

Posted by Franz Allan Valencia See <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Ole,

Try adding filtered=false to that resource.

Cheers,
Franz