Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Josh Holding <jh...@voyagerlearning.com> on 2003/08/29 16:11:34 UTC

Allow update of psml by admin and group administration

I have two issues that I haven't been very productive in figuring out, and
wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction.  I am using
1.4-b4.

First, I've been trying to figure out how to allow an admin to edit any psml
file within the PsmlBrowser portlet.  It displays the generic: "You do not
have access to these portlets" when I click on the psml to edit.  Where is
this going?  I can tell it is using the controls.Customize action, but
haven't been able to find where that is pointing to in order to customize
this portlet customizer.

Also, I understand the role-based psml setup, and have that configured by
making this setting blank: 'services.Profiler.newuser.template'.  Is there a
way to combine role-based psml with a group-based psml?  Is there even a
group-based psml configuration?  I have a requirement where a user's group &
role combination will use a unique psml configuration.

Thanks,
Josh