Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Raghu Udupa <ru...@easylink.com> on 2008/09/25 04:07:52 UTC

File permission error when I try to create a file in /tmp directory from a service running in axis2_http_server

When I try to create a file in /tmp directory from a service created and
running in axis2_http_server I am getting a file permission error. I
need to store mime-encoded data received by a service to a file on the
host on which axis2_http_server is running for my testing client
application.

What is the procedure to create a file inside an axis2c service?

Thanks,

Raghu

Re: File permission error when I try to create a file in /tmp directory from a service running in axis2_http_server

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Raghu Udupa <ru...@easylink.com> wrote:

>  Thanks, Rajika.
>

> I started the server deamon as root. Then, I did not have file permission
> error. Still, /tmp does have read and write permission for owner, group and
> others. So, I should have been able to write to /tmp even as a normal
> (non-root) user.

Yes, by default it is.

-Rajika

--
http://wso2.org/
http://llvm.org/

RE: File permission error when I try to create a file in /tmp directory from a service running in axis2_http_server

Posted by Raghu Udupa <ru...@easylink.com>.
Thanks, Rajika.

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.

--