Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> on 2007/10/05 17:41:18 UTC

XMPP Servicemix Example

I am trying to create a very simple example where a call to a web service
will then cause an IM to be sent out.
I am having trouble finding any examples of how to set up an xmpp endpoint.
The documentation says:

XMPP Integration Testing
To run the integration tests of ServiceMix XMPP you will need to do the
following
    * install Wildfire
    * create the following users (user/pwd)
          o servicemix-user / servicemix-pwd
          o test-user / test-pwd
You should now be able to run the unit tests

But where are the unit tests?
Could someone please post an example of using the xmpp component in
servicemix to create a service unit?

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.
I did create an http consumer and set the target endpoint to be the xmpp
provider, but there is no wsdl generated.  What kind of message is xmpp
expecting? I tired using the wsdl from the sun's xmpp binding component
which defines the input message as a three part rpc with the first part
being the target user, the second part is the message id, and the third part
is the message text, but I am getting a "[xX][mM][lL] is not allowed..."
error.  I think this would be a great bus example.

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by aznmedia <di...@gmail.com>.

depstei2 wrote:

> It was all so easy!
> I had it stuck in my head that there was some message format that the
> servicemix-xmpp binding component needed, but I guess it just takes in
> whatever you send it and passes all the xml as the IM.  I also did not
> realize that the destination user was set in the destination uri of the
> provider endpoint.  I was used to the open-esb xmpp-bc in which you define
> the user that you are sending the message to in the actual message.
> Thanks for the help.
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> Sure, you need to create an http consumer and configure it so that it
>> sends exchange to an xmpp provider.  That way, you will bridge http
>> protocol and xmpp protocols.
>>
>> On 10/9/07, depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there any way to expose the xmpp endpoint as a web service just using
>>> binding components, or would I have to create a webservice in java(maybe
>>> using jsr181) that uses the client api?
>>> I was trying to create a simple servicemix example that routes a message
>>> the xmpp service unit which would then IM it to a user.

>>> su
>>> there
>>> parts?

>>> unmarshalling

>>> it

>>> service
>>> my

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/deployables/bindingcomponents/servicemix-xmpp/src/test/

>>> web
>>> xmpp

>>> component

>>> Nabble.com.

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

How did you done that?
Please share your experience.

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.
It was all so easy!

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sure, you need to create an http consumer and configure it so that it
sends exchange to an xmpp provider.  That way, you will bridge http
protocol and xmpp protocols.

On 10/9/07, depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> wrote:

> Is there any way to expose the xmpp endpoint as a web service just using
> binding components, or would I have to create a webservice in java(maybe
> using jsr181) that uses the client api?
> I was trying to create a simple servicemix example that routes a message to
> the xmpp service unit which would then IM it to a user.
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > This method is provided to debug endpoints, but I'm not sure why you
> > end up with an exception.  Anyway, if you have a provider endpoint,
> > you need to send a JBI exchange to it (using the client api for
> > servicemix for example, or from any other JBI endpoint).
> >
> > On 10/8/07, depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >>     I am trying to send a message out using a xmpp service unit.  The su
> >> is
> >> successfully logging into the jabber server according to the console
> >> output.
> >> How do I send a message to it?  When I look on jconsole I see that there
> >> is
> >> a send() operation with 3 message parts, but what goes in these parts?
> >> I tried putting a username in part1, a random port in part2 and the
> >> message
> >> in part3, but I got an exception saying:
> >>
> >> problem invoking send: java.rmi.UnmarshallException: Error unmarshalling
> >> return: nested exception is Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
> >> javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException (no security manager: RMI
> >> classloader
> >> disabled)
> >>
> >> Where are these messages defined?
> >>     Thanks you for your help

> >> in
> >> http

> >> xmpp
> >> integration
> >> service="test:service"

> >> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/deployables/bindingcomponents/servicemix-xmpp/src/test/

> >> do

> >> in
> >> Nabble.com.

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
This method is provided to debug endpoints, but I'm not sure why you
end up with an exception.  Anyway, if you have a provider endpoint,
you need to send a JBI exchange to it (using the client api for
servicemix for example, or from any other JBI endpoint).

On 10/8/07, depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> wrote:

>     I am trying to send a message out using a xmpp service unit.  The su is
> successfully logging into the jabber server according to the console output.
> How do I send a message to it?  When I look on jconsole I see that there is
> a send() operation with 3 message parts, but what goes in these parts?
> I tried putting a username in part1, a random port in part2 and the message
> in part3, but I got an exception saying:
>
> problem invoking send: java.rmi.UnmarshallException: Error unmarshalling
> return: nested exception is Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
> javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException (no security manager: RMI classloader
> disabled)
>
> Where are these messages defined?
>     Thanks you for your help
>

> depstei2 wrote:
> >
> > Ah, That works, the xmpp service unit deploys ok now and I can see it in
> > jconsole.  Now the problem is how do I send a message to that xmpp
> > service?  Is there a wsdl that gets published? I am trying to use a http
> > binding component to expose the xmpp service.
> >

> > gnodet wrote:
> >>
> >> You need to just include:
> >>    <beans>
> >>      <xmpp:endpoint ... />
> >>   </beans>
> >>
> >> The <xmpp:component> is used when not using a Service Unit.

> >> --
> >> Cheers,
> >> Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by depstei2 <de...@umd.edu>.

Re: XMPP Servicemix Example

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
You need to just include:
   <beans>
     <xmpp:endpoint ... />
  </beans>

The <xmpp:component> is used when not using a Service Unit.

On 10/5/07, depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the links!  I am trying to get this running in a service assembly,
> but I keep getting the error that "No endpoints were found" for my xmpp
> service unit. This is the xbean I am using (copied from the integration
> test):
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <beans xmlns:xmpp="http://servicemix.apache.org/xmpp/1.0"
>         xmlns:test="http://student.kuali.org/xmpptest">
>         <xmpp:component user="user@host"
>                 password="password">
>                 <xmpp:endpoints>
>                         <xmpp:privateChatEndpoint service="test:service"
>                                 endpoint="endpoint"
>                                 uri="xmpp://host/user@host" />
>                 </xmpp:endpoints>
>         </xmpp:component>
> </beans>
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > The unit tests comes with the source tree:
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/trunk/deployables/bindingcomponents/servicemix-xmpp/src/test/
> >
> > Take a look at
> >    http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/source.html
> > and
> >    http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/building.html
> >
> > On 10/5/07, depstei2 <de...@umd.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am trying to create a very simple example where a call to a web service
> >> will then cause an IM to be sent out.
> >> I am having trouble finding any examples of how to set up an xmpp
> >> endpoint.
> >> The documentation says:
> >>
> >> XMPP Integration Testing
> >> To run the integration tests of ServiceMix XMPP you will need to do the
> >> following
> >>     * install Wildfire
> >>     * create the following users (user/pwd)
> >>           o servicemix-user / servicemix-pwd
> >>           o test-user / test-pwd
> >> You should now be able to run the unit tests
> >>
> >> But where are the unit tests?
> >> Could someone please post an example of using the xmpp component in
> >> servicemix to create a service unit?
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,