Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2015/01/13 20:33:25 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

> [...]
> the entries in the invalid array.
> - [VALIDATOR-297] Punycode url is not valid. Top-level domain regex
> matching was wrong; did not allow embedded "-" as per RFC2396
> - [VALIDATOR-334] UrlValidator: isValidAuthority() returning true when
> supplied authority validator fails
> - [VALIDATOR-309] UrlValidator does not validate uppercase URL schemes
> - [VALIDATOR-343] Doc URL update for broken link
>
> Changes between RC1 and RC2:
> - [VALIDATOR-307] - isValid checks if the given address is only IPV4
> address and not IPV6
> - [VALIDATOR-347] - toLowerCase() method is Locale-sensitive and should
> not be used
> - [VALIDATOR-348] - Update TLD list to latest version (Version 2014123000)
> - [VALIDATOR-336] - CUSIPCheckDigit thinks invalid CUSIP is valid.
> - [VALIDATOR-345] - ISINCheckDigit fails to reject invalid (non-numeric)
> check digits
> - [VALIDATOR-346] - SedolCheckDigit fails to reject invalid (non-numeric)
> check digits
> - Removed STATUS.html
> - Added README.md to binary and source distribution
> - Fixed encoding of source files in build by setting commons.encoding
> property
> - Fixed JIRA report to contain the issues of the project
> - Reverted dependency to commons-beanutils to 1.8.3 since this is the
> latest JDK 1.4 compatible release
> - Added JDK requirements to release notes.
>
> Validator 1.4.1-RC2 is available for review here:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/ (svn revision
> 7682)
>
> The tag is here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_1_RC3/ (svn
> revision 1650789)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/
>
> Details of changes since 1.4 are in the release notes:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 using maven 3.2.5.
>
> Site (some links my be broken but will be fixed when the site is deployed):
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/
>
> Clirr Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html
>
> Keys:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review this release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 2015/01/04 19:00CET
>
> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> I'd like to add that all thanks for this RC goes to sebb, who has invested

This vote passes with the following votes:

Gary Gregory: +1
Sebb: +1
Bruno Kinoshita: +1 (non-binding)
Luc Maisonobe: +0
Benedikt Ritter: +1

James Carman also voted +1, but I'm not sure wether it was for the RC or
just as a sign of agreement to a previous statement in this thread, so I'm
not counting his vote in. James please correct me, if you intended to vote
for the release.

I'm going to push the artifacts and write an announcement soon.

Thanks to all who reviewed this and the last RCs and to those who helped
fixing the problems we found during the other votes.

Benedikt