Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/15 14:03:57 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.6.0(RC1) release

Hi

I submit the Apache CarbonData 1.6.0 (RC1) for your vote.

1.Release Notes:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12344965

Some key features and improvements in this release:
   1. Supported Index Server to distribute the index cache and parallelize
the index pruning.
   2. Supported incremental data loading on MV datamaps and stabilized MV.
   3. Supported Arrow format from Carbon SDK.
   4. Supported read from Hive.
[Behavior Changes]
   None

2. The tag to be voted upon : apache-carbondata-1.6.0-rc1 (commit:
9938633c6a80407876c7e7fa0ffd455164edff4b)
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/releases/tag/apache-carbondata-1.6.0-rc1

3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/1.6.0-rc1/

4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1053

5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ravipesala.asc

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 1.6.0,  The
vote will
be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least three +1
PMC votes are cast.
[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 1.6.0
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Ravindra.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.6.0(RC1) release

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
-1
It's better include PR#3333, PR#3327 in this version.

-Regards
Kumar Vishal