Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by hayart <ha...@rambler.ru> on 2008/12/25 12:28:35 UTC

can not connect to Apacheds after migration.

Hi, I migrate 40.000 data to ApacheDS.
Now I can not connect to  ApacheDS.
Following exception appeared

Error while opening connection
localhost:10389
  localhost:10389
  Connection refused
  No connection

after start ApacheDS
get followin exception

[15:24:53] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Installation
verification failure!
java.lang.IllegalStateException: /opt/apacheds-1.5.4 is write protected from
the current user: apacheds
	at
org.apache.directory.daemon.InstallationLayout.verifyInstallation(InstallationLayout.java:292)
	at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.setInstallationLayout(Bootstrapper.java:85)
	at
org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper.start(TanukiBootstrapper.java:49)
	at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)

I don`t want to reinstall server, because I thing all data may be lost,

Re: can not connect to Apacheds after migration.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Sounded like you had some permission's issues.  If the db files cannot be
accessed check and make sure the ADS user has access to them.

Regards,
Alex

Posted by hayart <ha...@rambler.ru>.