Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joel McConaughy <jo...@displayware.com> on 2012/07/09 21:51:15 UTC

How to build cocoon 2.2 from source for debugging

Are the build instructions at http://cocoon.apache.org/798_1_1.html still
valid?  I am getting some basic dependency errors from maven and wanted to
see if there are updated instructions before I starting digging into the
problems.  Here is the output of "mvn clean".  Thanks.

joel

MacBook-Pro:cocoon-2.2 joel$ mvn clean
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 6 projects -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules:6-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/joel/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/blocks/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ line 24, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-commons-modules:2-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/joel/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/commons/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ line 27, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-modules:6-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/joel/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ line 25, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-dists-modules:2-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/joel/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/dists/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ line 26, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/joel/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-components/pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ line 24, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components-sample:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/joel/cocoon/cocoon-2.2/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-components-sample/pom.xml)
has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at
wrong local POM @ line 23, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
MacBook-Pro:cocoon-2.2 joel$

Re: How to build cocoon 2.2 from source for debugging

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 10/07/2012 16:13, Joel McConaughy wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I am trying to implement a multiple file
> uploader using <input type="file" multiple="multiple"/> and am not
> getting an array of PartOnDisk objects but just getting a single
> PartOnDisk for the last item selected.  I have walked through the
> source and it looks like it should work but doesn't.  I would like to
> compile a debug version of cocoon 2.2 so I can step through the code
> with a debugger.

Hi Joel,
first of all, I've just committed some fixes that make the build to succeed.

Anyway, I still don't think that you'd need to build the source tree in
order to debug a running C2.2 webapp: just start your container with
debug options (for example
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Developing#Q1) and attach your IDE to
the port specified.

I have no much experience with Eclipse, but at least with Netbeans this
should be enough.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: How to build cocoon 2.2 from source for debugging

Posted by Joel McConaughy <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco,

--
Joel McConaughy
206-300-4732

Re: How to build cocoon 2.2 from source for debugging

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 10/07/2012 12:57, Robby Pelssers wrote:

> You can also change the problematic pom’s to point to the correct
> parent pom.xml
>
> <parent>
>
> <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
>
> <artifactId>cocoon</artifactId>
>
> <version>10-SNAPSHOT</version> àthis is currently 6-SNAPSHOT
>
>     <relativePath>../parent</relativePath>
>
> </parent>
>
> @Francesco, can you confirm this?  I guess we should fix this in trunk
> in that case.

I'd rather point to recently released parent 9:

   <parent>
     <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
     <artifactId>cocoon</artifactId>
     <version>9</version>
     <relativePath />
   </parent>

I might try to see if C2.2 sources can be compiled with few
modifications; however, I am not very familiar with C2.2...

Regards.

Posted by Robby Pelssers <Ro...@nxp.com>.
You can also change the problematic pom’s to point to the correct parent pom.xml

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
    <artifactId>cocoon</artifactId>
    <version>10-SNAPSHOT</version>  --> this is currently 6-SNAPSHOT
    <relativePath>../parent</relativePath>
  </parent>

@Francesco, can you confirm this?  I guess we should fix this in trunk in that case.

Robby

[ERROR] The build could not read 7 projects -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-blocks-modules:6-SNAPSHOT (C:\development\workspaces\cocoon22\trunk\blocks\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 24, co
lumn 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-commons-modules:2-SNAPSHOT (C:\development\workspaces\cocoon22\trunk\commons\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 27, co
lumn 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-modules:6-SNAPSHOT (C:\development\workspaces\cocoon22\trunk\core\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 25, co
lumn 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-dists-modules:2-SNAPSHOT (C:\development\workspaces\cocoon22\trunk\dists\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 26, co
lumn 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\development\workspaces\cocoon22\trunk\core\cocoon-servlet-service\cocoon-se
rvlet-service-components\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 24, co
lumn 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components-sample:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\development\workspaces\cocoon22\trunk\core\cocoon-servlet-service\co
coon-servlet-service-components-sample\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:6-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 23, co

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Huib Verwey <Hu...@mpi.nl>.
Hi Joel,

[...]

Alexander R.

Este mensaje (incluyendo cualquier anexo) contiene información confidencial que se encuentra protegida por la ley. La información que contiene sólo puede ser utilizada por la persona o la compañía a la cual está dirigido. Si usted no es un receptor autorizado, o por error recibe el mensaje, omita su contenido y elimínelo inmediatamente. Cualquier retención, difusión, distribución y/o copia así como la ejecución de cualquier acción basado en el contenido del mismo, se encuentra estrictamente prohibido, y esta amparado por la ley.
--------------
This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intented for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intented recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

--
Joel McConaughy
206-300-4732

Posted by Joel McConaughy <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Reyes, Rafael" <Ra...@tigo.com.co>.
Hi joel, i had the same trouble when i began with cocoon but I recommend
that you download the cocoon`s .war proyect, in google you can find this
file with the name of cocoon 2.1.6 .war, after, you should to put this
in the apache's server deploying the proyect, clean some parts of the
proyect and everything its going to be all right.

Alexander R.

Este mensaje (incluyendo cualquier anexo) contiene informaci�n confidencial que se encuentra protegida por la ley. La informaci�n que contiene s�lo puede ser utilizada por la persona o la compa��a a la cual est� dirigido. Si usted no es un receptor autorizado, o por error recibe el mensaje, omita su contenido y elim�nelo inmediatamente. Cualquier retenci�n, difusi�n, distribuci�n y/o copia as� como la ejecuci�n de cualquier acci�n basado en el contenido del mismo, se encuentra estrictamente prohibido, y esta amparado por la ley.