Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2002/11/09 13:07:18 UTC

[Coyote] Special headers handling

As I believe enforcing the protocol should be the responsability of the
protocol handler, I have done (and will commit soon) a change which
delegates setting the special headers (including "content-language" and
"content-type") to the protocol handler. I will commit the change soon.

The cause of this refactoring is the fact that once a header like
"content-length" has been added in the MimeHeaders, it is not possible
to remove it, which then breaks the protocol for some status codes.

This change is likely to cause minor problems in Coyote JK 2 (please
review), but it should be very easy to fix.

Thanks,
Rémy