Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AH...@PARTNERS.ORG> on 2005/12/28 19:25:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with Redirect

Hi there -

I have Apache 2.0.52 running on one of our servers and I am having problems with
redirecting port 80 connections to port 443.

When I type the url: https://<web address>, I get to the page in question.
However, when I type the URL: http://<web address>,

I do not get the connection.

I modified the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file to automatically have port 80
connections go to 443 via the virtual host section. Are

there additional modifications that I need to make? Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Redirect

Posted by ht...@karsites.net.
Hi Andrew.

Do you have a seperate Virtual server listening on port 80
for the standard non-SSL requests, and a seperate
SSL-enabled virtual server listening for connections on post 443?

Keith