Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2005/08/04 10:26:50 UTC

RE: Embperl Installtion Problem

> cat test.err.log
>
> /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error:
> /.../Embperl-2.0rc4/blib/arch/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so:
> undefined symbol: ap_strchr
>
> I tried to find something useful and there was a similar
> report from a SuSE 9.3 system, but no useful answer...

Amazingly SuSE has compiled Apache with full debugging support (in so called
maintainer mode). This redefines a set of symbols, which causes problems
when running Embperl offline (because some standard libc function are
redirected to Apache). To solve this simply put a

#undef AP_DEBUG

In line 51 of ep.h (before the #ifdef APACHE)

Let me know if this works for you

Gerald