Posted to small-events-discuss@apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2011/11/25 22:14:16 UTC

BarCamp in Washington DC?

All,

In Vancouver, someone mentioned that there might be a BarCamp in the DC
area, and that volunteers were needed. I live in Arlington and am
willing to help out.

What can I do?

Thanks,
-chris

Re: BarCamp in Washington DC?

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@gmail.com>.
> Tim,
>
> On 11/25/11 4:39 PM, Tim Williams wrote:
>> Philip, Jim, and I all talked about it and hopefully we can rope Greg in
>> too. I think we're looking at next Spring but there aren't any real plans
>> as yet. I've got an idea for some space (I'll tour it in the next couple
>> weeks) in Tysons Corner if that works and a commitment from my company at
>> least to sponsor it. I reckon when planning starts, it'll happen here.
>
> Great. Keep me in mind if you could use some help.

I kind of was hoping for a Retreat, but I'm game for helping with both.
 I'm 70% sure I can get some sort of sponsorship from my company too.
Somewhere between 100-1000.

Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Director Operations,              Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: BarCamp in Washington DC?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Tim,

Re: BarCamp in Washington DC?

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,
Philip, Jim, and I all talked about it and hopefully we can rope Greg in
too. I think we're looking at next Spring but there aren't any real plans
as yet. I've got an idea for some space (I'll tour it in the next couple
weeks) in Tysons Corner if that works and a commitment from my company at
least to sponsor it. I reckon when planning starts, it'll happen here.

Thanks,
--tim