Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sagar Pidaparthi <Sa...@chordiant.com> on 2004/08/23 19:00:04 UTC

Calling sequence in a client

Hi,

I am using the following calling sequence for invoking web services and
it seems to work.  I got this sequence from IBMs examples somewhere.  I
don't find a similar example in the list provided in Axis documentation.
Is this a valid way to use the web services?

First I instantiate the locator for a service, from a locater created by
wsdl2java tool.  Then I obtain the service, and then I invoke the method
in the service.

Is this a valid way to use Axis web services, are there any
disadvantages in using like this?

Regards

Sagar

SecurityMgrBeanClientAgentServiceLocator securityLocator = new
SecurityMgrBeanClientAgentServiceLocator();

System.out.println("Step1: created Security Locator");

SecurityMgrBeanClientAgent securityCA =
securityLocator.getSecurityMgrBeanClientAgent();

System.out.println("Step 2: SecurityMgrBeanClientAgent");

authentication = securityCA.authenticate("hmonroe", "hmonroe");

System.out.println("Step 3: authentication token obtained   " +
authentication );