Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/09 21:04:23 UTC

Re: svn commit: r813071 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_pools.h

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:46 PM, <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: minfrin
> Date: Wed Sep  9 18:46:05 2009
> New Revision: 813071

> Log:
> Add comments describing the thread-safety properties of apr_pool_t.
> Submitted by: Neil Conway nrc cs.berkeley.edu
>
> Modified:
>    apr/apr/trunk/CHANGES

too trivial for CHANGES...  waste of time for people looking there for
interesting changes...

Re: svn commit: r813071 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_pools.h

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
> > too trivial for CHANGES...  waste of time for people looking there for
> > interesting changes...
>
> It was contributed by someone external to apr, and having banged my head
> against the same shortcomings in documentation, such contributions are
> very valuable and should be properly credited.

I don't mind the general idea of giving a little boost to the perceived
importance of an outside contribution in order to justify listing it in
CHANGES.  However, at the current rate I suspect that CHANGES will be half
drivel before long.

Re: svn commit: r813071 - in /apr/apr/trunk: CHANGES include/apr_pools.h

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> too trivial for CHANGES...  waste of time for people looking there for
> interesting changes...

It was contributed by someone external to apr, and having banged my head
against the same shortcomings in documentation, such contributions are
very valuable and should be properly credited.

Regards,
Graham