Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Matthew Ouyang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/03 19:28:02 UTC

Merging two rows

I know there is a method to merge two Beam Schemas into a new Schema.  (
https://beam.apache.org/releases/javadoc/2.26.0/org/apache/beam/sdk/schemas/SchemaUtils.html#mergeWideningNullable-org.apache.beam.sdk.schemas.Schema-org.apache.beam.sdk.schemas.Schema-
).

Is there a similar method for Beam Rows?

Re: Merging two rows

Posted by Matthew Ouyang <ma...@gmail.com>.
My original intention was to have them flattened.  If both Rows had a field
"a.b", I would have wanted the last one with "win".  I'll pull back my ask
for now because I had a specific usage in mind which now feels a bit clunky
after I thought about it.

Re: Merging two rows

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.