Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rudi Strasser <ru...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/15 15:34:16 UTC

Woddy (Cocoon Forms) examples filesystem structure

I am currently studying the woody samples (cocoon-2.1.4) and have the
following suggestion:

Although I find it good that many features are demonstrated in the sitemap of
samples/woddy/sitemap.xmap, I find it very confusing for a beginner to sort
them out. As far as I understand it so far there are many ways presented to
do similar things (at least to the beginner they seem very hard to
distinguish from each other). Therefore, many files have similar namings and
it is anything but obvious to find out which files are necessary for on
specific part of the samples.

From a learning perspective it would be much easier if each demo had its own
subdirectory with a seperate sitemap, where it is obvious by the filesystem
structure which files are actually necessary for that specific demo.

I am very impressed by Woody and I found it necessary to give you that
feedback as long as it is still a pain in my neck. The impression might fade
after a couple of additional hours of studying .... so I did it......

/Rudi

Re: Woddy (Cocoon Forms) examples filesystem structure

Posted by Rudi Strasser <ru...@gmx.de>.
Sorry for posting my new message as reply to the FINS message. I was not aware
the it will get threaded relative to the message even though I deleted the
subject (shame on me)
/Rudi