Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dustin cavanaugh <du...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/06 21:05:53 UTC

Tomcat and Apache web server

This is a follow-on question to the "Tomacat and
apache web server" thread.

I'm running Apache2.0.43, Tomcat4.1.12, mod_jk2
(12/4/02) on a Win2K platform. I have an webapp I'll
call "Project" that resides in the webapps directory.
Within Project, I have a class file called "DoStuff".
localhost:8080/Project/DoStuff, works properly.
However, www.myhost.com/Project/DoStuff returns a 404.
www.myhost.com/jkstatus also works properly.

What's missing/wrong?

Re: Tomcat and Apache web server

Posted by Alexander Wallace <to...@rwsoft-online.com>.
You probably just need to specify index.jsp in the url.

Posted by Justin Ruthenbeck <ju...@nextengine.com>.
Looks like you haven't set up Apache to forward requests that match
www.myhost.com/Project/DoStuff to jk2.  There are a number of different
overall designs to do this depending on your app, other apps running, and
how you've organized your resources.  I use jk (not jk2), so I don't know
the exact syntax for mounting the request pattern (of if there's any
difference), but you should be able to find it in the archive or google for
it (or someone else may provide it -- hint, hint).  :)

justin