Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Yongjun Zhang <yj...@apache.org> on 2016/02/04 18:37:26 UTC

Propose adding one extra step to the release process when creating RC

HI,

Would like to bring this to your attention:

Per the discussion in HDFS-9629, we think it'd be helpful to add an extra
step in the release process when creating RC. The purpose of this extra
step is to update the release year in Web UI footer.

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12768 for
adding this extra step to the release document at
https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToRelease.

Thanks Xiao Chen and Vinaykumar B for the solution they did in HDFS-9629,
it helped to minimize the work to be done in this extra step I'm proposing.

Hi Junping, FYI, the fix of HDFS-9629 made its way to 2.6.5, it'd be better
if we can cherry-pick HDFS-9629 to 2.6.4 when creating newer 2.6.4 RC.

If you have any comments about making this change in the above mentioned
doc ((see HADOOP-12768 for the detail of the proposed change), please let
us know.

Thank you.

--Yongjun