Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1998/03/13 06:16:00 UTC

Apache/iX for Windows NT :-)

>Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp.mpe
>Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:32:43 -0800
>Sender: HP-3000 Systems Discussion <HP...@RAVEN.UTC.EDU>
>From: Gavin Scott <ga...@ALLEGRO.COM>
>Subject: Apache/iX for Windows NT :-)

It's getting late in the day, so I had to read the headline on p.26 of
the March "HPWorld" a couple extra times:

  Apache/iX Is Updated
  Runs on Windows 95 and NT

The article starts:

"If you're feeling beleaguered by the Internet, there's some good news.
Mark Bixby, of the Coast Community College District, who originally
ported the Apache Web server to the 3000 and called it Apache/iX, has
now updated it to Version 1.3b3.

The latest update runs under Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 and 95, offers
proxy services and improved HTTP 1.1 virtual host support, and
includes proxy support."

Abandoning MPE now are we Mark? :-)

G.