Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net> on 2007/02/15 18:18:41 UTC

Weird Exception thrown on startup (how to resolve?)

What is throwing the following Exception?  How to fix?

---
INFO: Filter 'sessionFilter' configured successfully
Feb 15, 2007 10:15:18 AM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager doLoad
SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.EOFException
java.io.EOFException
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStrea
.java:2279)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInput
tream.java:2748)
        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:78
)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:280)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.CustomObjectInputStream.<init>(CustomObject
nputStream.java:57)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doLoad(StandardManager.j
va:361)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.load(StandardManager.jav
:320)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.start(StandardManager.ja
a:636)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.setManager(ContainerBase.java
431)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:
155)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBas
.java:759)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:7
9)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.ja
a:904)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.
ava:867)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:47
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.jav
:310)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecyc
eSupport.java:119)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:44
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:
50)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:70
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
Feb 15, 2007 10:15:18 AM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager start
SEVERE: Exception loading sessions from persistent storage
[...]

Feb 15, 2007 10:15:18 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Feb 15, 2007 10:15:18 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Feb 15, 2007 10:15:18 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/78  config=null
Feb 15, 2007 10:15:18 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
Feb 15, 2007 10:15:18 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 23047 ms

Re: [OT] Weird Exception thrown on startup (how to resolve?)

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
a good practice would be to handle the IOException in code
//lets assume foo was initialised to a Foo class and supposedly serialised earlier (possibly in an earlier (init()) method)

String result;
try
{
 result = foo.getNewMethod()
}
catch(IOException ioe)
{
  System.out.println("foo is corrupt will reconstruct..")
  foo = new Foo();
  result = foo.getNewMethod();
}

Viel Gluck
Martin--
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.
I think this worked.  I just recursively removed every .ser file there just
to make sure:
$find . -name '*.ser' -exec rm {} \;

thanks

Posted by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net>.

Re: Weird Exception thrown on startup (how to resolve?)

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.