Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gonzalo Vasquez <gv...@altiuz.cl> on 2014/03/17 22:48:49 UTC

Improving FOP Performance

Hi everybody,

We've been doing some performance tests using several output formats (PDF, PostScript and AFP), and they al give us about the same time results, which are far from what we expected. I'm aware that there are several bits of Apache FOP which might me tweaked, but any suggestions would be appreciated for improving performance.

Regards,
Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez
Gerente Investigación y Desarrollo (R&D)
Altiuz Soluciones Tecnológicas de Negocios Ltda.
Av. Nueva Tajamar 555 Of. 802, Las Condes - CP 7550099
+56 2 335 2461
gvasquez@altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuzreports.com

Re: Improving FOP Performance

Posted by paul womack <pw...@papermule.co.uk>.
Gonzalo Vasquez wrote:
> I'm into that, but I guess there might be some first parts to look before I dig thaaat deep ;)

Nah, profiling ain't digging deep, it's by far the quickest and easiest way
to find unexpected performance hogs.

  BugBear

Re: Improving FOP Performance

Posted by Gonzalo Vasquez <gv...@altiuz.cl>.
Actually were reusing (private static variables) the FopFactory but not the transformerFactory, I'll try with that too.

Thanks!

Posted by "Terence M. Bandoian" <te...@tmbsw.com>.

Posted by paul womack <pw...@papermule.co.uk>.

Posted by Gonzalo Vasquez <gv...@altiuz.cl>.

Posted by Gonzalo Vasquez <gv...@altiuz.cl>.

Posted by Paul Womack <su...@papermule.co.uk>.

Posted by Paul Womack <su...@papermule.co.uk>.

Posted by Gonzalo Vasquez <gv...@altiuz.cl>.
Dear Luis,

We do use several images, such as logos, barcodes and charts in our documents (imagine bank statement like documents).

What formats are the best (native) to make the process faster / smoother? We can tweak the images to suit what's best.

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.