Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Wynacht <jo...@objectevolution.com> on 2006/11/16 22:29:35 UTC

[SOLVED] Re: Migrating from TC 4 -> 5

Turns out the issue was I had:

<role-name>*</role-name>

when I should have had each of the roles entered.

Whew! The things we learn by trial and error...thanks everybody who
had advice for me on this, especially here:

http://www.nabble.com/auth-constraint-in-web.xml-in-tomcat-5.5.15-
tf1054280.html#a2742541

Jon

On Nov 15, 2006, at 10:36 PM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: Jon Wynacht [mailto:jon@objectevolution.com]
>> Subject: Re: Migrating from TC 4 -> 5
>>
>> More clearer still...is anybody authenticating a webapp on Tomcat
>> 5.5.20 using JDBCRealm?
>
> We're using JAASRealm, not JDBCRealm, without any problems.
>
>> Anybody know if the JDBCRealm class isn't included with TC
>> 5.5.20? Or am I just off my rocker?
>
> Can't answer the latter, but the JDBCRealm class is in
> server/lib/catalina-optional.jar, as is the one for JAASRealm.
>
>  - Chuck

> PROPRIETARY
> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-
> mail

Jon Wynacht
jon@objectevolution.com
http://www.objectevolution.com