Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> on 2002/07/12 04:44:26 UTC

Re: Cookie fix

I am a light Axis user, but not a developer.  As a user, though, I have
looked at the source more than a few times.  Axis has the same cookie issues
that Apache SOAP used to have.  The source file is
/xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/transport/http/HTTPSender.java.  In the
readFromSocket method, the headers are maintained in a Hashtable, so it will
discard all but the last header.  Additionally, the handleCookie method
keeps only one cookie from a header (the RFCs specify multiple
comma-separated cookies are allowed in a single header), and ignores the
attributes.  Note that things are especially bad for Set-Cookie2, since the
header is supposed to start with the version, not a cookie name=value.

Scott Nichol