Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Si...@saaconsultants.com on 2006/12/21 16:10:11 UTC

Mitosis Advice

I have a couple of issues using Mitosis and wondered if anyone can help?

1.  Data that is loaded into DS via an LDIF file at startup does not get replicated... why?

2.  Data loaded via an LDIF file at startup cannot be deleted as (I think!) it can't be identified by the replication inteceptor and hence throws an exception or false method return?
From JXplorer: "Javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException: [LDAP: error code 66 - failed to delete entry]"

Is this a problem with the order in which I register the inteceptors?  Is the LDIF import implemented using an inteceptor or does it bypass part of the usual add/remove/modify and that's why replication is bypassed?

I do add the inteceptor to the end of the chain:

            // Add the InterceptorConfiguration to the end of chainCfg
            chainCfg.add( chainCfg.size(), interceptorCfg );

            // Finish configuration by updating interceptor settings
            cfg.setInterceptorConfigurations( chainCfg );

Many Thanks

Simon Temple

Re: Mitosis Advice

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 12/22/06, Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com <
Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com> wrote:

>  I have a couple of issues using Mitosis and wondered if anyone can help?
>
> 1.  Data that is loaded into DS via an LDIF file at startup does not get
> replicated... why?

It is because LDIF import at stratup bypasses all interceptors AFAIK.

>  2.  Data loaded via an LDIF file at startup cannot be deleted as (I
> think!) it can't be identified by the replication inteceptor and hence
> throws an exception or false method return?
> From JXplorer: "Javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException: [LDAP: error code
> 66 - failed to delete entry]"

It seems like it's a bug.  Please think Mitosis as a new born baby; it has a
lot of problems for now, and we will fix them.  For now, I am focusing
writing documentation for Mitosis so everyone can get involved.  Please stay
tuned if you are interested in contribution.

>  Is this a problem with the order in which I register the inteceptors?  Is
> the LDIF import implemented using an inteceptor or does it bypass part of
> the usual add/remove/modify and that's why replication is bypassed?

It is just because all interceptors are bypassed rather than because such a
complex problem.  The reason was because of the authorization interceptor
that prevents statup load of the LDIF file when it's first statup happens
with non-superuser credential.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6