Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Vincent Vandenschrick <vv...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 14:55:43 UTC

PropertiesComponent overriding in Spring

Hi all,
I'm migrating an application from Camel 2.14 to 2.15.2. I spent some time
tracking a regression until I figured out that my custom "properties"
(PropertiesComponent) spring bean was not taken anymore out of the Spring
context no matter what I declared.
After some more investigation, this seems to be caused by commit
e34ee63cdb068b0bf7062bdb24446bddfc06ba66 that uses
autoCreateComponents=false when querying the Camel context for the
"properties" component.
Having autoCreateComponents=false prevents the Camel context from looking
it up from the Spring context,thus always returning null and constructing a
default one.

I must admit I don't get the rationale behind this change so pardon me if
I'm missing something.

Any advice to turn the documented feature back ?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent