Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2015/01/28 07:23:28 UTC

Name search for Taverna?

Somewhere on http://incubator.apache.org/projects/taverna.html it says
we have to do a Name Search

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/naming.html

We seem to have forgotten about this - and thus could presumably also
delay a release?

I've made an issue and done the basic searchers - as a pretty old
project we should be in clear, as long as one of those Greek
restaurants don't start building radical workflow solutions..

I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-68
- but Jira managed to mess up my linefeeds somewhere in its AJAX..

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating)

Re: Name search for Taverna?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
The name search needs to be done by the time the project becomes a TLP.
  That said, now is a good time.

Apache registers a few names as trademarks but not all projects.  It
does cost the foundation.  A trademark does not need to be registered
though it does make it stronger.

First use matters - someone can't pre-empt it later when tyhey knew
about the mark.  Being "Apache Taverna" does make it pretty easy to find
so no excuses there and www.taverna.org.uk is pretty prominent.

	Andy

Re: Name search for Taverna?

Posted by Shoaib Sufi <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Name search for Taverna?

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Name search for Taverna?

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
Name searches usually are done when you are getting ready to graduate.

Marlon