Posted to xbean-dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/21 15:43:12 UTC

Is there any reason that EquinoxBundleClassLoader not extend BundleClassLoader ?

Hi,
   I saw EquinoxBundleClassLoader extends URLClassLoader directly, not
BundleClassLoader. I am wondering that is there any reason that it does not
extend BundleClassLoader ? As I found that if we enable this classloader in
the Geronimo, while invoking BundleUtils.getContextBundle would return
different results. That might break some Geornimo codes.
   Thanks
--
Ivan

Re: Is there any reason that EquinoxBundleClassLoader not extend BundleClassLoader ?

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
The idea was that we could have bundle classloaders that extend
different types of base classloaders (URLClassLoader vs. ClassLoader).
All the bundle classloader code (for the most part) should be exactly
the same. Looks like I forgot to update
BundleUtils.getContextBundle(). I'll fix it.

Thanks,

Jarek