Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hanmay Udgiri <ha...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/15 08:55:48 UTC

Query in Action messages

Hi
I am doing validation in my Action Form which is extending
ValidatorActionForm.
In validate method,I am checking for mandatory field and adding error.
The error in ApplicationResources.properties is like this.
error.required=The {0) field is required field.
error.notInRange=The {0} field should be in between {1) and {2)
error.zipcode=Zip Code
And I am addding the the error in validate mehod like this
errors.add(Error_FIELD_KEY,new ActionMessage("error.required","error.zipcode
"));

But It is printing the error mesasges like this.
The error.zipcode field in reuqired field.
It works if I add error like this.
errors.add(Error_FIELD_KEY,new ActionMessage("error.required","Zip Code"));
The Zip Code field in reuqired field.

Can anybody help on this

--
Thanks and Regards