Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2010/02/17 17:07:30 UTC

Minimal pom for maven-launchpad-plugin?

Hi,

I'm trying to create the simplest pom.xml that creates a runnable
Sling jar, based on the docs at
http://sling.apache.org/site/maven-launchpad-plugin.html

With the pom shown below I get this (somewhat cryptic) error:

Embedded error: Unable to find artifact.
Unable to determine the release version
  org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.launchpad:xml:RELEASE

What am I missing?
-Bertrand

my pom:

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
  <artifactId>minimal-launchpad-plugin-test</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>slinger</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-launchpad-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>prepare-package</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>prepare-package</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <packaging>jar</packaging>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Re: Minimal pom for maven-launchpad-plugin?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 18.02.2010 05:19, Justin Edelson wrote:
> Bertrand-
> You have to specify the bundle list version like this:
>
>                         <configuration>
>                             <defaultBundleList>
>                                 <version>6-SNAPSHOT</version>
>                             </defaultBundleList>
>                         </configuration>
>
> The reason for this is that I hardcoded "RELEASE" as the version in the
> plugin. But we haven't released launchpad in the new form, so until
> that's done, you have to manually specify the version.
>
> I guess there's no reason the launchpad plugin can't be changed to have
> 6-SNAPSHOT hardcoded until it is released. But actually I'd like to
> release the plugin soon.

I would also propose to keep it at the current "RELEASE" setting.

Rather we should probably target to do our next "full-blown" release in
the near future.

Regards
Felix

Re: Minimal pom for maven-launchpad-plugin?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...You have to specify the bundle list version like this:
>
>                        <configuration>
>                            <defaultBundleList>
>                                <version>6-SNAPSHOT</version>
>                            </defaultBundleList>
>                        </configuration>...

Thanks, I have completed my experiment, committed at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/whiteboard/bdelacretaz/mini-standalone-sling/
- just two files to build a Sling runnable jar with a customized set
of bundles, great!

We might want to turn this into a Maven archetype once the plugin and
the launchpad stuff is released.

-Bertrand

Re: Minimal pom for maven-launchpad-plugin?

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Bertrand-
You have to specify the bundle list version like this:

                        <configuration>
                            <defaultBundleList>
                                <version>6-SNAPSHOT</version>
                            </defaultBundleList>
                        </configuration>

The reason for this is that I hardcoded "RELEASE" as the version in the
plugin. But we haven't released launchpad in the new form, so until
that's done, you have to manually specify the version.

I guess there's no reason the launchpad plugin can't be changed to have
6-SNAPSHOT hardcoded until it is released. But actually I'd like to
release the plugin soon.

I can also take a look at making this error message a bit nicer.

Incidentally, you *don't* need to specify <packaging>jar</packaging>
because the packaging of your project is already jar.

Justin