Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/11 07:43:45 UTC

New committer questions

--- Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:
> FYI, brian reported back to me that your account has been created and
> commit privs given to you. So commit away!

Yep -- got mail from Brian. Looks like I'll need to do some
installing/configuring of things, though, before I can in fact "commit
away!" :) And before I do all that, I have a couple of questions:
  - Is CVS smart about line-endings? If I work from my NT, is
    it going to add all those ugly ^M's? I can work from a Unix
    machine instead if that'd be better.
  - Is setting up the SSH stuff easier to do for Unix or NT?
  - I have Cygwin on my NT that I currently use to pull Ant from CVS,
    but the committer info talks about WinCVS -- do I need that,
    or can I continue to use the CVS I have, if I do end up working
    from the NT?

Thanks,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://photos.yahoo.com/

RE: New committer questions

Posted by Joshua Davis <js...@bellatlantic.net>.
I switched my company over to CVS (on Linux) recenly, and all the
programmers use WinCvs from NT without much hassle.  I'm not sure about the
configuration for SSH though.  This should be on the WinCvs site:
http://www.wincvs.org

Joshua Davis
joshua_davis@mindspring.com <ma...@mindspring.com>

Re: New committer questions