Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2014/02/19 11:27:01 UTC

One CDI modules in master

Hi,

Do we want to keep wicket-cdi module (the old one) in Wicket 7 ?
wicket-examples use wicket-cdi-1.1
I think it is OK to keep wicket-cdi (1.0) in Wicket 6.x for backward
compatibility. Marking the module deprecated somehow would be great.
But should we keep it in Wicket 7.x too ?

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting

Re: One CDI modules in master

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
No, we should keep the wicket-cdi module in wicket 7 as well. You cannot
use the cdi-1.1 module with older (jee6) containers, which is the same
generation as our servlet 3.0 requirement. Removing it would break cdi
support for containers such as jboss 7 and glassfish 3.1.

Best regards,
Emond