Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ha...@AFSCN.com on 2005/05/18 23:54:31 UTC

How to gracefully stop the M(1) current set of queued processes

I have written a set of goals to deploy to our server our configuration.
The process requires a set of properties to be defined that are used to
customize the deployment descriptors.  If a required property is missing, I
want to stop the Maven build process.  I haven't found a gracefull way to do
this.  Can someone describe a procedure to shutdown the entire process down.

Thank you,
Bud Curtis

Re: How to gracefully stop the M(1) current set of queued processes

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
Simple solution :
ctrl c

Nicolas,

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
In your maven.xml you can do something like this :

  <preGoal name="build:start">
    <j:set var="runtimeEnv" value="${runtime.env}"/>
    <j:choose>
      <j:when test="${(runtimeEnv != null) and (runtimeEnv != &quot;&quot;)}">
      	<ant:echo>Your runtime environment is : ${runtimeEnv}</ant:echo>
      </j:when>
      <j:otherwise>
        <ant:fail>You must define a property runtime.env in your build.properties.</ant:fail>
      </j:otherwise>
    </j:choose>
  </preGoal>

Arnaud